Monday, February 28, 2011

1862 Aug. 17 Letter to Sarah Blain (3705) from Hannah Blain (3565)

Letter written in ink on one side of a folded sheet, dated August 17, 1862.
From Hannah Blain (3565) to Sarah (Blain) (3705).


August 17, 1862

Dear Sarah (3705),

I take my pen in hand this Sabbath evening. The day is beautiful and calm and there is no one at home but myself. We are all well at present and have been looking for a letter from you the last week, but have received none. I want you, when this comes to hand, to write and let us know how you are getting a long.

The early apples are ripe now and there is some peaches on your tree yet.
Sarah Blain was up to see us with her children. Effa can walk but seems a good deal like she was last summer. As this is Monday morning, I must conclude with my love to you, as Jake is to take it to the office.

Hannah Blain (3565)

No comments:

Post a Comment