Thursday, February 24, 2011

1854 Arp. 26 Letter to Sarah Blain (3705) from Sarah Hess (3563)

Letter written on two sides of a folded sheet from Sarah Hess (3563) in Sharonville, Pike County, Ohio to Sarah Blain (3705) in Chillicothe, Ohio.


Sharonville, Pike County April 26th 1854

Dear Niece (3705), I embrace this opportunity of transmitting a few lines to let you know that we are all in tolerable health at present. Samuel has been complaining of not feeling very well ever since we moved down but still able to tend to business.

I received yours of the 18 and was pleased to hear from you all. You say your mother (3565) and William (3562) have had bad colds. That I believe is a general complaint. I had a cold when we came down and the week before Easter I took fresh cold and I think I never had a much worse cold in my life. I am some better now but far from being well. We left Chillicothe the next Monday after William (3562) was up late in the evening on wood row boat and passed your house I suppose about ten or eleven o’clock at night. Arrived here early on Tuesday morning. Took breakfast with Mr. Simon Corwine. We are crowded in a small house with 2 rooms only with hardly room to turn around. I have neglected writing till this morning and have not time to write half what I want to say. The post boy goes out at ten or eleven. Cyrus is waiting to take this to the office before he goes to school.

I must bring my letter to a close. I want you all to write to me often and come when yo can. No more at present but my love to you all and remain your affectionate sister and aunt.

Sarah C. Hess (3563)

Sarah C. Blain (3705)

Write soon


No comments:

Post a Comment