Tuesday, March 1, 2011

1864 June 24 Letter to Sarah Blain (3705) from D. Sampson

Letter written on two sides of a single sheet. It is addressed from D. Sampson in South Salem, Ohio to Miss (Sarah) Blane (3705). I believe the letter dates from 1864 and is related to the April 22, 1864 letter from John Blane to Sarah Blane. The sender would be the widow Sampson. Note that Frank is not mentioned in any other family records, nor is he recorded in the 1870 Ross County census data.

South Salem Ros Co June the 24

Miss blane I take the present oportunity to write you a few lines to
inform you that I am well and hope these few lines may find you and frankey and also your other friends well. I am staying at this time at south salem. I am sewing by the week for a lady here and expect to stay here till fall. I would like to know how frank is getting along by this time and if you are still satisphied with him. Tell him that I am very glad to here that he was a good boy and I hope that he will still continue to be so and do all he can to pleas you. Well I will close for the present. Give my love to frankey. Rite as soon as you can. Youres
respectfully.
D Sampson

If it would not be to mutch trubble to you I would like for you to send me a photograph of frank if you can get one taken.


No comments:

Post a Comment